Although a big majority of the people in the city speak English, you may want to learn a few thai bits and pieces to get you started with.
- Soi | A smaller street, dependant from a main road.
- Kaa (girls) / Krup (guys) | A politenesss particle to add at the end of your sentences or questions.
- Korp khun kaa/krup | Thank you!
- Sawatdee kaa/krup | Hello!
- Talaat | Market
- Gin kaao | Eat
- Naam plaao | Water
- Chuck dee kaa/krup! | Good luck… is used for cheering when you drink.
- Geb tang kaa/krup | The bill please.